Clean and well-kept carpet is a nice feature in a home and adds to the attraction. Damaged, dirty, or poorly maintained carpet? Not so much.
Here are six reasons why you want to keep your carpet clean.
- Looks better. To be honest, a dirty carpet is just plain…gross. Even dark-colored carpeting shows dirt, stains, and debris. Keeping your carpet clean makes your home look better overall.
- Lasts longer. The better you maintain your carpet the longer it will last. A carpet left without regular cleaning quickly gets ruined. This means that you may be spending money on a new carpet when all you needed to do was maintain it better.
- They will smell better. Carpet is made of fibers that not only attract dust and bacteria, but also smells. Without regular care, your carpet can quickly gather unpleasant odors that may be hard to get rid of.
- It’s better for your children and pets. Our children and pets spend a lot of time close to the ground, and therefore they are on the carpet the most often. We want the surface that our children and four-legged friends spend their time on to be as clean and sanitary as possible to ensure that their health is not negatively affected.
- Adds more value to your home. New carpeting is costly. You may not be considering putting your home on the market right now, but in the long run, should you chose to sell your home, the better condition your carpet is in the more value it has.
- It is better for your health. Carpet contains hidden microbes and bacteria and regular cleaning will keep those at a minimum and prevent further health issues such as breathing problems, allergies, and diseases. Also, the cleaner your carpet the better your air quality is in your home, and who doesn’t want that?
Cleaning your carpet also ensures that it is kept free of pests such as black carpet beetles and dust mites, both of which can destroy your carpets and become health hazards.